Expion360 Classic LifePO4 Group 24 80Ah Deep Cycle Battery
What makes an Expion360 Lithium battery better?
Expion360 starts with Grade A, 26650, UL listed Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) cells, welded to heavy-duty copper collectors, a Battery Management System that is integrated into the battery's core, with industrial grade leads, connectors and terminals for maximum power delivery. These robust components are enclosed in a custom designed, fiber reinforced ABS case that’s IP66 rated, perfect for marine environments and harsh off-road applications. Unlike most other options, Expion360 Lithium batteries can be configured in either parallel or series. Expion360 backs these batteries up with an industry leading 12-year warranty.
Why buy an Expion 360 Lithium versus a traditional flooded battery?
- One Lithium battery has the same useful capacity as three traditional lead-acid batteries of similar size and amperage.
- Lithium has lower voltage drop during discharge
- Lithium recharges Three-Times faster
- with Six-Times the discharge rate
- They last Six-Times longer
- And are Sixty-Five-Percent lighter.
How is an Expion360 battery better than any other lithium available?
- The case is custom molded using fiberglass infused ABS Plastic. Water-tight for Marine applications. It has internal ribs to lock components inside unlike other lithium batteries that use packing foam, or hot glue. Rubber feet keep the battery in place.
- Expion360 uses only grade A, 26-650 cylindrical cells, UL-Sixteen-Forty-Two recognized (File number MH 64-383) With mechanical connections, welding each cell directly to the plates.
- Collector plates are solid copper, 5X thicker than other batteries; press-broke to add rigidity and create a flange for connectors. Expion360 uses PEM Studs and Nuts, secured with industrial epoxy. The collector assembly is the battery’s rigid back-bone.
- The Battery Management System board is mounted to a custom molded ABS insulation base. An aluminum base plate dissipates heat and provides structural support. The BMS assembly is bolted to the plates, adding to the battery’s rigidity
- To minimize heat, and maximize power 10-gauge leads, heavy-duty connectors and shrink wrap, are bolted to the plates, to the BMS, and to the terminals. Terminal pads are solid brass, 95% larger than other lithium batteries.
- Massive buss bars and industrial mounting tray hold-downs with a custom base plate are available as options. Multiple batteries can be connected in either Parallel or Series.